NRC Rating Per Product
Acoustic Treatment products are essential for controlling reverberated noise within interior buildings. The materials used inside many common working and learning environments are often hard and reflective. Acoustic materials absorb problematic reflections that reduce the reverb time within the room. A noisy work place or learning centre cannot only be challenging but also counterproductive.
Each acoustic product developed by Autex is specifically designed to combat these issues. Depending on the sound pressure levels and relative frequencies generated within the space in question, each product will differ in performance.
The term (NRC) Noise Reduction Coefficient is a scalar representation of the amount of sound energy absorbed upon striking a particular surface. The higher the NRC, the better the product is at soaking up sound.
The thickness and density of a product are two factors in calculating a Noise Reduction Coefficient. An acoustic product with a .95 NRC rating means that 95% of sound in the space is absorbed, while the other 5% is reflected. See below for some of our most popular products and their respective NRC ratings.
We offer a number of acoustic treatment products that are mainly designed for wall and ceiling applications. It is important to identity the room type, purpose of the space and what noise levels will be apparent within in it.
Cascade Folding / Expanding NRC (2.25)
Quietspace Lattice Ceiling Baffles NRC (2.05)
50-100mm Quietspace Panels NRC (1.00)
25mm Quietspace Panel NRC (0.85)
13mm Accent Ceiling Tiles NRC (0.85)
33-58mm 3D Wall Tiles NRC (0.75)
24mm Cube Panel NRC (0.65)
12mm Cube Panel NRC (0.45)
12mm Peel ‘n’ Stick Tiles NRC (0.40)
12mm Composition Acoustic Fabric NRC (0.40)
What is the space in question being used for? What is the primary purpose of the room? Is the room a multipurpose space or is it dedicated to one particular activity?
Make the most of all available surface areas. Take accurate measurements and plan ahead to incorporate a colour scheme that compliments your existing or future furnishings.
Set a budget for the project. Consider the additional expense of adhesives required. If the project cannot be self installed also make an allowance for an installer to get involved.